What is Fastag?
FASTag is utilized at toll plazas for the automatic deduction of the toll fees, and you can easily pass through the toll without any interference of the cash transactions. The national highway authority of India operates it for the electronic toll collection system. Activated FASTag works on radio frequency identification. Hence, when the vehicle passes through the toll, it immediately deducts the toll fees from the bank account or prepaid wallet linked to FASTags.
Moreover, FASTags do not get expired, and hence it can be used for an extended period until it gets decipherable to get scanned or gets diluted. These are almost found affixed on the windscreen of a car or any other four-wheelers.
How one can get FASTags?
Buy the FASTag- Usually, FASTags are readily available at any point of sale (POS) of the toll plazas to create your FASTag account. Additionally, you can also create your FASTag account via bank linked to its authority. Some common public and private banks linked with the national highway authority of India includes HDFC bank, ICIC bank, IDFC bank, state bank of India, AXIS bank and syndicate bank.
Documents required for FASTag
- vehicle registration certificate.
- KYC document such as Passport, Aadhar card, PAN card, The voter ID card and Driving license.
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner.
- All documents carried by you should be original.
Recharge of FASTag
Recharge of FASTags can be done online via credit card, debit card, and net banking. The minimum and maximum amount of recharge are 100 Rs and 1 Lakh respectively.
Thus, above were the steps noted for getting FASTags on your vehicle as mandatory for four-wheeler vehicles from December 2.
How do FASTag works?
As the FASTag is Radio Frequency identification, it can be easily scanned at the toll plazas. The money will deduct automatically from the FASTag. If you pass the toll plazas for the first time, Rs. 30 is deducted and on returning to the same toll plazas Rs. 15 is deducted. Hence, it has automatic savings if you have planned the return journey. You will be given an SMS on the registered mobile number on every toll transaction.
Paytm is the most straightforward way for FASTag payment. You have to link your registered paytm account with the tags. Thus, payment can easily facilitate the transaction at the toll plazas.
How to activate the FASTag?
The bank account should be linked if you have bought the tag from the bank, tag transaction varies from bank to bank. Note that if you are the owner of two four-wheelers, then you must have separate FASTag for each. Buying a new car or another four-wheeler may already have the affixed FASTag on its windscreen.
You can also install My FASTag app from the google store and then link the tag to the prepaid wallet in the app. Moreover, recharge can be done through the credit card, debit card or UPI.
Benefits of FASTag?
The national highway authority of India has the main objective to formulate the current national electronic toll collection (NETC)for the vehicle owner, an operator at the plaza and the claimant.
Some significant objectives for national electronic toll collection are as follow:
- It saves time as it reduces waiting at the toll plazas.
- It also reduces the harmful emission of vehicles on the highways.
- It saves fuel.
- It is easy to recharge as it can be via online payments.
- It also reduced the traffic caused due to the long line of cars and trucks at the toll plazas.
- Less peeping of horn takes place, which results in a reduction of pollution rate.
- It also saves money as the government is offering 2.5 per cent cashback on using FASTags.
- The number of vehicle pass through the toll plazas can be easily captured which can be used as essential data for various criminal investigations.E.g. in case the vehicle has been theft, and its vehicle number can be scanned. Hence, the payment could be stopped for further toll transaction.
Here is the list of the Banks Helpline numbers that will issue FAstag
Axis Bank: 1800-419-8585
ICICI Bank: 1800-2100-104
IDFC Bank: 1800-266-9970
State Bank of India: 1800-11-0018
HDFC Bank: 1800-120-1243
Karur Vysya Bank: 1800-102-1916
EQUITAS Small Finance Bank: 1800-419-1996
PayTM Payments Bank Ltd: 1800-102-6480
Kotak Mahindra Bank: 1800-419-6606
Syndicate Bank: 1800-425-0585
Federal Bank: 1800-266-9520
South Indian Bank: 1800-425-1809
Punjab National Bank: 080-67295310
Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank: 1800-223-993
Saraswat Bank: 1800-22-9999
Fino Payments Bank: 1860-266-3466
City Union Bank: 1800-2587200
Bank of Baroda: 1800-1034568
IndusInd Bank: 1860-5005004
Yes Bank: 1800-1200
Union Bank: 1800-222244
Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd: 1800-2667183
Hence, the FASTag procedure is effortless and is too much importances.